Thursday, July 10, 2014

Song of The Day: "Peanut Butter (Moon Boots Remix)" by Alison Valentine




This song holds a special place in my heart as it was the first song I discovered through my favorite music blog, Popjustice. Since then, "Peanut Butter" has been a staple in every playlist I make and after listening to it once, you can see why. Alison Valentine succeeded in making a uniquely exotic pop song for the summer that uses auto tune in the least annoying way possible. Not only that, Ms. Valentine has a very similar past to myself. We both went to boarding school, currently attend NYU (where I randomly met her on the streets and proceeded to freak out) and share a love of dreamy French house music.

Alison has released a couple of cool, seasonal pop songs that are pleasant enough to listen to but they never quite reach the height that "Peanut Butter" has set for the budding "trop-pop" singer. However, Valentine's impeccable taste in music makes me believe that her best is yet to come and this Moon Boots remix shows exactly what vein of disco-stomping summer anthems Alison should continue creating. A promising producer in his own right, Moon Boots and Alison are a dream team sent from heaven. And for some reason the metaphor of spreading "love like peanut butter" is very appealing (I wonder if Alison likes it smooth or crunchy?)


No comments:

Post a Comment